Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Iam working on Packing.....

In Delivery level iam trying to do packing any packaging material also i can see.......but i heard once i selected the packaging material it will come as a line item in Delivery document.

But iam not able to see the Packaging item as a line item..plzz suggest me relevant configuration.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it can appear as a 2nd line in delivery.

Automatic packaging instructions has to be written in pop1and pof1 with standard SHIP condition record determination has to be given.

Make sure of the following settings.

1.Go to *SPRO-

2.Logistics Execution-

3.Packing-Define packaging material types-

4.Select ur packaging material type-

5.In Plant Determination -Enter Plant proposed from the packaging material*.

&

There are two logics regarding generation of delivery items for packaging materials. You can check those two cases in note 831204.

case I)

=====

1) you should check transaction 0184 if a delivery item category is defined for the combination of your

*delivery type +

*item category group that is defined in the material master of the packaging material (should be 'VERP' in standard) -> in case of outbound deliveries it is defined under 'Sales' view of material master, -> in case of inbound deliveries the data in field 'General Item Category Group' is relevant under 'Basic data 1' view of material master) +

*the item usage 'PACK'

AND

2) you should check your settings for the plant determination of the packaging material in tr. vhar -> this should be 'A' or 'B'

====================

OR

case II)

======

1) same as in case I)

AND

2) check tr. 0vlk if 'Gen. pack.matl item' is flagged for your delivery type

AND

3) check your settings for generating delivery items for the packaging material in tr. vhar -> this should be 'A' or 'B'

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,,,

Problem was solved..........Thanks a lot fnds..

Regards

Dev

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Maruthi,

Please go to OVLK transaction then select your delivery type then go in to the details of that delivery type.In the detail screen of the delivery you can find the check box field Gen.Pack.matl.item under Document content tab please check the check mark in this box then try.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fnds,,

I did ,wot you posted in u r therds...but i didnt get the packing material as a line item...

is thr any other settlings...plzz

Regards

Dev

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Maruthi,

Please go through this SAP help link it will help you about Packing process at delivery level.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/56099e545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.