Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To make a field mandatory in a standard transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could any one suggest me to make a field in the satandard transaction mandatory which is not a mandatory field. I want to make the field Batch in the transaction CO01 so that i need to validate that field only when that field is mandatory, I need to enter that field obligatory and validate not going in to the next screen.It should give a message please fill in all the required fields.

Regards,

Vijaya Lakshmi

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run the transaction SHD0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this by using transaction varient...t-code shdo

In shdo figure out the screen which contains this and tick mark obligatory check box to achieve your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

making field instandard trnsaction can be on by ffunctional people in SPRO....if u want to do it urself then u will require the acess key and then check the module/screen program of that particular screen in the SYSTEM-->STATUS and mke that particular field obligatory in the screen painter...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

This is the job of Functional Consultant.

In the config settings tell your functional consultant to click the batch field as required..it will do the work..no need of any coding required for tht...

Regards,

Vamshi

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can create a transaction variant using SHDO transaction

or you can ask your functional consultant to check whether it is possible to make field manditory through screen settings from spro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

As a technical consultant if you are have provided Access key then just make the field obligatory.

Else pass the same to functional team they will take care of your requirement.

Cheers!!

Balu