cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect WT Display due to basic pay change in d mid of PY PEriod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a case of a fortnightly Payroll,in which there is a basic pay change in the mid of the payroll period, and because of this all the Wage types are appearing twice in the RT Table.Though calculations are correct.

I have a scenario wherein a term called Notional Base Salary is displayed in the payslip which is 75% of the basic salary. Now since there has been a basic pay change in betyween the payroll period all WT appear twice and because of which this NBS is being shown as 150% instead of 75%.

What could be causing this and how can we rectify it??

Is this s standard SAP thing that whenever Basic Pay change happens in bet the PY period, WT will be displayed twice in RT Table?Should I need ot raise a OSS Note for it...???

Regards

Kushagra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kushagra,

Firstly, the system displaying the amounts twice is a normal process. This is called partial period factoring. The two lines in the RT table for each WT should add up to give the final amount as expected.

To understand the problem correctly, could you please confirm the below:

1) Which country are you running the payroll for?

2) Is the NBS amount being displayed incorrectly only on the payslip or is the amount incorrectly udated in the payroll results as well?

-Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Akshay and Vandana

Thanks for your replies.

Well i am running the PY for NZ.

NBS shows only a percentage on the payslip.The actual calculations seem to be correct.

NBS shows that a particular wt is 75 % of the basic pay.this wt is calculated correctly in the payslip.Only the display of the %age is wrong.

hope this would help you.

Regards

Kushagra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you do some changes in the mid of month for the infotypes 0001, 0002, 0007, 0008, you will get the split in RT table. Standard payslip (PC00_M40_CEDT) displays the wagetypes with the splits.

If it's not displaying in the Zdevelopment, you have to ask the ABAPER to check all the conditions. Because i faced the same problem.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks & Regards

Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can tell you for sure that this should not have happened. Even if you have mid-pay pd basic pay change, final RT should not show all WTs twice. Thats what WPBP splits takes care of.

I am not sure though what is the cause of the problem you have mentioned. My guess is there is some change in either wage type for basic pay or in rule/schema processing.

When you copied the Standard SAP provided Wage type to create a custom Basic pay wage type, hope the changes in processing class if any are done with care. Please check that. OR Try this. Step by step schema output for a test employee in quality system by running a payroll simulation?

Edited by: Vandana Wagle on Oct 21, 2008 1:34 PM