cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating folders for Word Templates in ICWebC (CRM 6.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using CRM 6.0 and have implemented the IC WebClient as an UI for Call Center Agents and Key Account Manager.

I have created several Word Templates using the Design Tool and created also a corresponding Web Service with the Web Service Tool.

When I would like to add an attachment to a person (BUS1006), I can select one of the created Word Templates (selecting the button "With Template"): In here a new window with all templates are displayed. I can select one and all the data is going to be filled into my created template. Up to here, everything is working probarly.

But now, I want to have folders and also subfolders to store the created templates in them. We have more then 100 Word Templates and to increase the usability, it is desired to put the word templates in folders and subfolders.

How can I create these folders and put the word templates into the corresponding folders. In SAP there is a transaction CRM_KW_TEMPL; in which it is possible to see document templates. In here it is possible to create folders and subfiolders and to put the created word templates into them. But then, when I open the view in the ICWebC, the folders are visible but can not be opened, as it is usually done in a tree-structure.

Is this the right place to create the folders? If so, what do I do wrong or miss? If it is not the right place, where can I do the desired folders?

In CRM 5.0 this was possible! Created folders and subfolder where visible in the ICWebC and CIC!!!

Furthermore, according to another project member, the transaction CRM_KW_TEMPL will no more be available in the next CRM release, CRM 7.0, which will be available next year! So, what must be done then to maintain the folders, if this transaction will no more be available?

And the last problem is: Is it possible to set user rights for accessing the different templates? Just like to define, which user group is allowed to use/see which templates resp. folders containing the word templates?

Every helpful answer will be rewarded with points.

Thanks and regards

Alex

Edited by: Alexandro St. Torro on Oct 20, 2008 1:24 PM

Edited by: Alexandro St. Torro on Oct 20, 2008 2:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very interesting. This is exactly the same problem I have at this point.

I just installed Note 1253783, but did not give the solution.

We're upgrade today to CRM 2006 SP04 (1700 Notes total). If this gives a solution I will let you know asap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remco,

looks like a standard SAP "feature" that's not working

Thanks for the note hint. It described exactly the problem I resp. you and me have!

So, you have also created your folders and assigned your created templates to the folders in CRM_KW_TEMPL?

Please inform me, whether the SP04 will solve this problem.

Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

I indeed tried CRM_KW_TEMPL.

I can see the folder structure, but cant open them.

Second i tried CRM -> Basic Functions -> Content Mangement -> Define templates for Folders

and assign folder template to CRM -> Transactions -> Basic Settings -> Assign Transaction to Templates for folder and doc. templates profiles.

This is also not working, but i guess this is used for something else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remco,

did applying SP04 solved this problem? Can you provide us some information regarding this.

Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

SP04 did not solve the problem

We still have a folder we can't open.

I'll create an OSS message today.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's amazing! Ok, creating an OSS message will be the best. I hope that the provided solution will be related to this note 1253783.

Please give a feedback after applying the latest note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reply from SAP.

"We need to use Template Designer to create templates in CRM 2007 and CRM_KW_TEMPL does not work anymore.

If we create templates in Template Designer, it does not support the folder structure.

One more thing is that Note 1253783 is for template folder and it is not related to our issue."

I'm not happy with the answer, but 'Works as designed'.

Strange thing is that you can create the folders, you can see the folders, but you can't open them.

We also have about 60 templates, categorized in 3 folders in previous version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, SAP is no more providing a solution for creating and maintaining folders to store templates!? Wuaw, new release, less functionalities!

I will contact SAP also and ask for a solution!

Do you have already an idea to solve this problem anyway, such as creating a customer table, ...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't have a solution for using folders.

The only thing we can give to the users is;

In the personalisation of the 'select template page' we can set the visisble rows to 50 or 60. This way we have almost all templates on 1 page. This means, less pages, less clicks, less rsi.

Pls let me know the answer from SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remco,

ok, increasing the number of visible rows will not satisfy the customer. Anyway, this can be done as the first step, until SAP will provide a solution.

I will come back to you to inform you about SAP's answer. This look like a missed functionality, which will not only be used by us!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remco,

did you already checked this:

SPRO => CRM =>IC WebC => Basic Functions => Define Content Management Profiles and then set the flag Folder hierarchy visible!

In our system, it is not working, but maybe it will work with SP04!?

I will create tomorrow the OSS message.

Saluto

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i did, but doesn't work. I'm not sure what this option does.

But I found many more bugs. I won't advise to upgrade yet.. this gives me a headache.

Try to create some templates, it will put or remove spaces at different places in the document.

For example:

- In template

8440 AP Hoogeveen

- In created letter

8440AP Hoogeveen

You can try to put 2 spaces at that spot in the template, but quess what, in the created letter it suddenly will give you 2 spaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS created, waiting for SAP.

The strange thing is, that the folders/subfolders can be opened in the backend, e.g. by adding a document to a business partner (transaction BP). In here, when I select add a document with template, I can see exactly the folders and files according to crm_kw_templ. The folders can be opened in here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to create folders and to assign templates to folders within the new UI! That's the answer of SAP. Even more, I have found a note (1266019), in which it is prevented to display the folders created in the backend in the UI.

So, thread can be closed! There is no possiblity of creating folders! Or has someone of you already did this in CRM 6.0!?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can be closed! Creating folders for templates is not supported in > CRM 6.0

Answers (0)