Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Persistence Layer Table Switch issue

Hi Guys,

I have a serious problem in production XI. I scheduled a deletion job and switched on table switch procedure. Content of container 1 started to be duplicated. There was circa 2mil records and this was working fine from the beginning but now the copy is significantly slower. I'm afraid the system will crash before all the items will be copied. Another problem occured, when the basis administrator cancelled the Copy job. It took too long and was slowering down the system, so he thought it will be better to cancel it. He didn't know what this was. So currently the system is trying to copy the container 1 to 2 and I'm not able to delete any messages using reports, because it says the copy job has not been finished yet. And I'm afraid this will not be finished ever if I don't do something.

Is anybody skilled enough on the persistence layer table level to help me solve this?

One more question, I can't find the piece of code, where copy of records from container 1 to 2 takes place and also what settings need to be done after the copy is finished.

Thank you all for all your ideas.

Olian

replied

Hi Olian,

It will take some time to move the data but that is for sure. I had same issue and it took around two and half day to finish this activity and also you will not be allowed for any deletion reports during this period.

I can't find the piece of code,

You can check in SM50 background jobs there you will find the report being executed for copying from container1 to 2.

Thanks!

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question