cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal through NWBC--error

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i am trying to enter into portal via NWBC i received the following error after enter the portal username and password........ "Could not load content from connection portal (error: Internal server error (500) - Exception in method getNavigationTree.)"

I donot know where might be the problem is.can anyone help me in this isssue.

Thanks in advance,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh

The connection from the NWBC to portal is made using a web service.

If your user-id does not have sufficient rights, the web service cannot be accessed so the portal cannot be accessed either.

In your portal's visual administrator go to server --> services --> security provider

Then in the Policy Configuration tab under Components click on sap.com/com.sap.engine.services.webservices.tool*wsnavigator

Now go into change mode

In the right pane go to tab Security Roles --> Under Security Roles select the role WSNavigatorRole and check under Mappings if it is assigned to "all". If not click on the modify button and select "all" under security roles. Click on Save to save the change made.

If that still doesn't help out, then it is a good idea to add your target system to the hosts file of your local machine from which you use NWBC and add a line. You might need to restart your local machine depending on OS used to have change implemented.

<ip address> <virtual hostname or hostname if not virtualized>

If it still doesn't work check where the NWBC writes it's trace log file and read the output in the trace file to get an idea which error is thrown in more detail.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Kumar:

You can reference following online help for NWBC configuration check.

[NWBC Configuration|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/46/498fecad695e40e10000000a11466f/content.htm]

best regards, Nick.