cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product not viewable in catalog nor in search function but still orderable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a strange behavior in SAP ISA. A product is active in CRM, active in a catalog but not active in any view that a customer has.

If this customer tries to find the product in the search area or in the catalog ... it's not there.

If he tries to give the reference directly in the shopping basket however, product description and everything is found and an order can be placed.

Is this standard SAP ISA behavior or am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Jab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I do remember that you can somewhere in XCM configure that it is not allowed to order products which are not in catalog. I think you have to configure a custom ui element and set the parameter 'enable.nonCatalogProducts'.

Regards

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The UI parameter to set is

enable.nonCatalogProducts = false 

If you are running older version of ISA, See :

[SAP Note 561424: Blocking ordering of non-catalog products |https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/561424]

for details.

Easwar Ram

http://www.parxlns.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

I modified this parameter ... now customers get a warning when filling up their basket ... but not a blocking error when ordering. So they are still able to order products that are not in catalog without blocking error.

How could i block it?

Cheers,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

In CRM, messages can be configured to how they should behave to the end user, in our case "Customer". This type of degree (Customer) is relevant for web users.The transaction CRMC_MSGC is meant just for that. This transaction lets us maintain a parrallel configuration of the behavior of CRM messages. But you should know the message Application area, message number. I assume the application area for your message is CRM_PRP_CHECK.

The message you are seeing is by default set as type W for "Customer"s. Now you have to change this behavior of this message by creating a new entry for this message and set the message type to E. This will then make the system to send an error message instead of a warning message to the "Customer".

In E-Commerce application, if you get an Error message in the cart page, it won't let you continue further. So, with the change in the message type, you will be able to fix your issue. One little caveot in this is, you are not allowed to change the message long text that gets displayed in the web page. The customer will still get the cryptic "No valid PPR found for Product <fancy pants> / Business Partner <partner dude>" or something similar in your case. If you want to change that to a friendly text, then it will cost another 10 points.

Cheers,

Easwar Ram

http://www.parxlns.com

0 Kudos

Thanks, it helped me in getting a warning message to Internet sales application

Regards,

Prasad