cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR2008 evaluation version reports and Product version installed Web server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will the Crystal Report 2008 files work at Web server in following situation?

1) I created .rpt files and integraed with asp.net page using Visual Studio 2005.

I used CrystalReportViewer control. This Crystal Report program is CR2008 evaluation version which I downloaded.

2) The crystal Report files works fine with my PC and IIS.

3) I purchased CR2008 Product and installed it Web server at Web hosting company. I confirmed the virtual directory "crystalreportViewer12" is in IIS.

The server's OS is Windows 2008.

4) CR2008 license is given at web server using key which I got it by purchasing.

I accessed the web site through the Internet but it did not show anything and no error message.

Is this because of evaluation version or some settings are missing?

Evaluation period is not expired. Will this get more problems if evaluation is expired?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your comment.

As you said this might be a client problem.

I unchecked "Disable script debugging" at IE7 and viewed the page.

And I got a following error:

A Runtime error has occurred.

Do you wished to Debug?

Line 309

Error: 'Sys' is undefined

I clicked Yes to debug and debugger indicated next Script:

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager._initialize('ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$scriptGraphView', document.getElementById('aspnetForm'));

The code is auto-generated one.

Could you advice me on the error?

I am thinking to debug in Workgroup network with my two machines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could solve the problem after almost one month struggling.

Since the web server is outsourcing web server, I could not see the setting by my self.

This situation made me difficult to solve the problem

So the cause was aspnet_client setting. The aspnet_client folder was placed in default web site but my domain was not a default site. The support person at the web server placed the folder in my domain root.

And another problem on "sys" error, in my case, next line was missing from <httpHandlers> tag in web.config.

-

<add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler,

System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0,

Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"

validate="false"/>

-

And <httpHandlers> deffintion is as follows:

-

<httpHandlers>

<remove verb="" path=".asmx"/>

<add verb="" path=".asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<add verb="" path="_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"/>

<add verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

<add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" validate="false"/>

</httpHandlers>

-

Thank you the advices.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, when you said CR 2008 and using IIS? When you created the file did you add all the references in Visual Studio 2005?

To be honest if it is running on the localhost, it should be running on the server too unless you are missing some component on the server. Try installing 2008 onto your server and then run it.

Secondly, how is the database connected? You have to have the same ODBC connection settings onto the server as to your local machine.

So in summary install CR onto your server, check the ODBC or whatever connection of the database and then run the report again. Thirdly you can right click on the browser and check the source code and see if you can pin point where the problem lies. Any active x or java scripts are blocked on your pc can affect it too.

Change the browser and run it or maybe try on another machine.

hope this helps

Regards

Jehanzeb