cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing standard ESS Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am going to make changes in standard ESS component in WD ABAP through enhancement button given on menu by creating an enhancement implementation. I want to know is it the right way to create enhancement and suppose any enhancement package is applied to the system, In that case changes done in current enhancement will remain same after the new enhancement is installed or not.

Please provide answers to my queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vaibhav,

you are on the right track.you will not loose any of your changes even you apply new enhancement package or support package

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

i also have similar requirement, i have to add 2-3 fields on diff. views of a standard ABAP WD application for ESS.....kindly suggest me what should be the right approach...Thanks in advance..

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michell,

Its Possible to enhance a standard WD component. Just click the spiral icon on the toolbar in SE80. It will ask you to create a Enhancement Implementation for that. Just use this enhancement implentation to make the changes in the standard view. You can add new UI Elements to the view but it will not be possible to change the properties of the exixting UI elements except to remove them.

Regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks vaibhav for reply....

I have a requirement that i need to add some custom(Input ) fields in 'Create Travel Request' view of travel and Expense Page of standard ESS . now the same field was needed in back-end in ECC in t-code TRIP...this i did using append structure in PTK99 and and modifying standard program and screen SAPMP56T 9999 with the guidelines given in SPRO.

now the same thing is to be done in in ESS which is ABAP WD application. WD component name is FITV_FPM, but in this application contains viewContainerUIElements on LAYOUT_VIEW which gets populated dynamically..I can create and Enahancement of this application and put the required field on the view but still after doing this, how to store the these data in back-end??? in back-end this data is stored in PCL1 cluster..

I feel SAP should have given some facility for this in ESS like it has given in ECC...

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There must be some BADI for that procedure. One method is to use BADI for this requirement or you can create your own FM to do it and use this FM in your standard application to store the data.

Regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.

Answers (0)