cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variance posting in different GL accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

My client wants to post variances ( usage & price) in different GL account at the time of settlement. Is it possible ? If yes please let me know how ?

Thanks a lot

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

This is possible through PA Transfer Structure through Transaction KEi1. Here you can define different variances ie. usage, Quantity & price etc...through source assigned and different value fields created in COPA for different kind of variances.

In PA transfer structure, you can assign Cost Element or CE Group with variance category. While in value field tab you an assign value field created for the same type of varince in COPA against that type of varice.

Pls get back to me for further clarity.

Thanks & Regards,

Taral Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, But point is they want to post in FI. means in variance GL we have all variacnes eithere usage or price or both. but here client want to post both variance in difference GL account.

Is it possible ?

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You can assign different variances to cost elements in PA transfer structure or Cost Element Group in PA transfer structure.

Based on that also, you can have different variances to be pulled in COPA based on different value fields. You can test the same in your Sand Box or Development client.

For further query, pls get back to me.

Thanks & Regards,

Taral Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Variance calculation posting is possible in FI with only one GL account.but in COPA you can analyze different variance by creating different value field in COPA.

in OBYC t.code PRD-PRF is the key where you assign gl account for variance postings.

in FI you can analyze in one account,but in COPA you can analyze by variance catogery wise.

for this you have to create the following.

1.Settlement profile configuration,

Your settlement receivers are Material and COPA segment only,if your selecting any others,remove.

there is check box settle variance to cost based COPA,check this box.

2.Allocation structure

Create your allocation structure confiuration.

3.PA transfer structure.

Create PA transert structure configuration and assignment of correct values fields for variance.

hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Rau

Answers (0)