cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport CRs and make them appear as CRs in dest. system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a question about Change Request (CR).

Suppose that I have system DE1, system DE2, and system PRD.

Developers/customizers make changes in system DE1. CRs are then created in DE1.

Next, because system DE1 is temporary (will be deleted later), developers/customizers request me to transport CRs in DE1 to DE2.

My question is after transporting CRs in DE1 to DE2, is it possible that CRs in system DE1 will appear as CRs in system DE2 so that after DE1 is deleted, developers/customizers can go on making change these CRs in DE2 and then these CRs will be transported from DE2 to PRD? I know that normally, when transporting CRs in DE1 to DE2, changes are applied to DE2 but not appear as CRs in DE2.

Thanks,

Toan Do

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you've your shared transport directory in DE2, then there should not be any problem. you should be able to see the transports of DE1 in DE2 even. But if DE1 is in different transport group from DE2, then limitations in regard to transporting between different transport groups will apply.

• which means.

- The transport logs displayed are specific to the transport group of the SAP system you are using, i.e. they are not copied to the other transport directory.

-• Transports displayed in the Change and Transport Organizers are also specific to the transport group of the SAP System you are using.

Thnx.

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

Thanks, but it's not my inquiry.

What I want is when CRs in DE1 (DE1K9xxxxx) are transported to DE2, I want these CRs will appear as CRs in DE2 (maybe something like DE2K9xxxxx). After then system DE1 will be completely deleted. And finaly, developers/customizers can go on making change CRs in DE2 and transportation will occur from DE2 to PRD.

Regards,

Toan Do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Toan,

What I want is when CRs in DE1 (DE1K9xxxxx) are transported to DE2, I want these CRs will appear as CRs in DE2 (maybe something like DE2K9xxxxx)

The transport request will not change to DE2K9xxxxx.But you can make changes to those objects in DE2 and move it to PRD.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Yes, assume in DE1 we have CR "DE1K00002" which has made change to object A, B, C. After transporting this CR to DE2 & delete DE1, in DE2 a customizer makes change to object A (so makes CR "DEV2K00002"), not make change to object B & C. When transporting CR "DEV2K00002" from DE2 to PRD, in PRD we miss changes in object B & C.

So by this way, the solution is to backup CR files in DE1, later we import these CR files to DE2, PRD and then import CRs in DE2 to PRD?

Regards,

Toan Do

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Yes, assume in DE1 we have CR "DE1K00002" which has made change to object A, B, C. After transporting this CR to DE2 & delete DE1, in DE2 a customizer makes change to object A (so makes CR "DEV2K00002"), not make change to object B & C. When transporting CR "DEV2K00002" from DE2 to PRD, in PRD we miss changes in object B & C.

So by this way, the solution is to backup CR files in DE1, later we import these CR files to DE2, PRD and then import CRs in DE2 to PRD?

Hi,

I guess you made some typo in the above reply. If I've interpreted correctly..

DE1 > DE1K900002 (changes to A, B, C) .. it goes to DE2 with the same transport number. So DE1K900002 exists in DE2.

Now you're saying some developer changes the object A in another transport which will be something like DE2K9xxxxx. If you transport this to PRD, the obviously the contents of DE1K9xxxxx will be moved to PRD. not B, C which are there in DE1K900002.

If you move DE1K900002 to PRD as well, then all A,B,C will be in PRD. if you want to move it to PRD later then you've to keep the datafile and cofile of the transport.

Regards,

Debasis.