cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different NW Versions with one NWDI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are currently planning one central NWDI for all developments in our SAP Landscape (Portal, MES etc).

What I wanted to ask is, if it is possible to run the tracks with different Support Packages? E.g.:

Portal is on NW 7.0 SP 12

MES is on NW 7.0 SP 14

PI is on NW7.1. SP1.

There are several development teams, can they all use one NWDI?

Thanks and regards,

Kai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that's not problem. Running multiple different versions of NWDS (to match the SP levels of the tracks) on one developer workstation is a bigger problem. You can find some topics/blogs here on SDN about that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

I didn't get your point.

So I can run several tracks for several developers (MES, XI, Portal) which have different SP and NW versions?

But what do you mean by developer workstation? Could you please explain a little bit more.

Thanks,

Kai

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Pascal,

>

> I didn't get your point.

> So I can run several tracks for several developers (MES, XI, Portal) which have different SP and NW versions?

> But what do you mean by developer workstation? Could you please explain a little bit more.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Kai

Starting with NWDI 7.0 SP 13, you can create tracks for NW versions 6.40, 7.0 and 7.1 in one NWDI instance.

The developer workstation importing the development configuration from the NWDI must be on the same NW SP version as the track. So if you have a workstation with a 7.0 sp 13 NWDS, you cant import a 6.40 sp 20 development configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The version of NWDS that a developer uses must match the target runtime environment. If a developer works on MES, XI and Portal he should have three different versions of NWDS on his workstation as well. NWDS 7.1 does not work for 7.0 developments for example, but there are even differences between NWDS 7.0 SP12 and 7.0 SP14.

Answers (0)