cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Higher Education Cess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

I have created domestic invoice and in that i have given 14% BED, 2% ECS and 1% HCESS. and I am trying to create Excise invoice with reference to domestice invoice, but in the excise invoice i am getting BED, ECS but i am not getting HCESS and it is showing the value 0.00, and how to get these value to be updated. can anybody give me the solution.

regards

srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

To incorporate SECess in the CIN SD process u2013

1. Add the 3 new additional fields as per the attachment u2018Master_Note_for_Budget_2007.zipu2019 present in the note 1032265.

2. After applying the notes as suggested in u2018Master_Note_for_Budget_2007.zipu2019, you will have to apply the following note before activating the CIN programsu2013

a. 918197 - Data declarations in CIN programs for additional tax fields

The step 2 is not relevant for customer in the following support pack level or higher SP level u2013

Release Support pack level

-

CIN 22B SAPKIPNBD3

CIN 30A SAPKIPNE20

CIN 40A SAPKIPNG11

SAP_APPL 470 SAPKH47026

SAP_APPL 500 SAPKH50012

SAP_APPL 600 SAPKH60004

3. Make the screen changes as suggested in the attachment u2018Screen_changes_budget_2007.zipu2019 present in the note 1032265 to enable the SECess field on the CIN transactions.

4. Apply the corrections present in the following notes as per the sequence given below u2013

a. 978186 - Utilization of negative balance allowed in PLA in J1IIN

b. 1032813 - Advanced corrections for Budget 2007 for SD

i. 1032928 - Corrections to Note 1032813 for Budget 2007

ii. 1033531 - Corrections for J1IIN for SECess levied in Budget 2007

iii. 1033599 - Changes to J1IIN for Budget 2007 for 46C release (only for customers in 46C release)

c. For enabling the depot process, please apply the note 1033173 - Budget 2007 changes for Depot process

5. Make the SD configurations as suggested in the attachment u2018SECess-SD-config.zipu2019 present in the note 1032265.

6. If you are using the tax procedure TAXINN, refer to the attachment u2018SECess_Config_for_TAXINN.zipu2019 present in the ntoe 103

Best Regards

SRI

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Go to IMG-Logesti General- Tax on goods movement-India-Basic settings-Maintain Excise Registrations in this check AT1 has put a If not put a check then u will get the Hecs.

RV

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

thanks for reply i got solution

regards

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using two condtion types of SeCess

JA1X> Percentage

JA1Y > Total

Then please check whether this been maintained for your tax procedure as below under CIN customizing

JA1Y AT1 COND

JA1X AT1 Perc

If you are using JA1X only one condtion type then maintain as below

JA1X>AT1 COND

JA1X> AT1 Perc

Secondly if you are using TAXINJ procedure check whether the percentage is maintained in J1ID

If you are using TAXINN then check whether condition record has been maintained for the same

Also check whether AT1 indicator is active for excise registration number under CIN customizing

PATH : SPRO> IMG>Logistics General>Tax on Goods Movements> India> Basic Setting> Maitain Excise

Registration number. Check here for all the excise registration number whether AT1 indicator is on or not

If it is not active then kindly activate it.

If you maintain above settings then system should show SeCess in your excise invoice

Best Regards

MBS

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srini

Can you please clarify on your comments

"I have created domestic invoice and in that i have given 14% BED, 2% ECS and 1% HCESS".

Do you mean to say you have input manually in billing ?? For information, these values should flow automatically into your sale order and billing document based on which, it will be copied to excise invoice also.

Anyway, go to J1ID, select "Excise tax rate", select the chapter id against which the material which you have invoiced and see whether you have maintained the required percentages in tabs "Exc. rate", "ECS %" and "AT1 percentage".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

Please check these settings in the IMG

SPRO>IMG>Logistic general>Tax on goods movements->INDIA>Basic settings>Determination of excise duty-->Maintain Excise defaults here have you maintained your Education cess condition types under A/R Cess cond.

If not maintain then try.

If you already maintained then look for the OSS notes to rectify this issue.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.