Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV output in internal table

0 Kudos

Hi All,

In ALV, I need an internal table based on the selection option like layout,sort,filter.

Instead of screen output from ALV i need the data in Internal table for further process.

How to do that. It should apply all the conditions like selected fields as specified in layout , applying sort and filter conditions.

any FM or any other procedure.

Which will help me to proceed further with internal table.

Thanks,

Balamurugan.R

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using OOPS ALV ? then the getter methods "GET_XXX" will give you the necessary information.

example :

GET_FRONTEND_FIELDCATALOG

GET_FRONTEND_LAYOUT

GET_FILTERED_ENTRIES

regards,

Advait

0 Kudos

Hi Advait Gode ,

I am using in normal ALV.

any FM for that.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

you may have to call this Function REUSE_ALV_GRID_LAYOUT_INFO_GET , in some event. they only you will get some information. let me know if you are using the Grid Function...?

0 Kudos

Hi VIjay,

I am using GRID. I don't want to show the ALV on screen. Need a internal table with only selected fields with sort and fitler applied.

Thanks.

Balamurugan.R

0 Kudos

how can you expect the information with out display the grid. There is only one chance that if you have any variants maintained for the Report then you can use the Function module REUSE_ALV_VARIANT_SELECT , supply the program and variant name to this CS_VARIANT and see.

0 Kudos

Use function REUSE_ALV_GRID_LAYOUT_INFO_GET

as mentioned by Vijay.

You wont get the information until you display the ALV, because the user has to interact with the ALV list to filter, sort the output etc.

regards,

Advait

0 Kudos

Hi Advait,

That;s what my requirement , applying all sort/filter and selected field in layout (ALV) passed as variant , I want to build a internal table , It should statisfy all the rules in layour variant( sort,filter...)

I am ready to call ALV , but should not display in screen by setting some parameter .

This is my task, how to handle it.

Thanks,

Balamurugan.R

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where exactly you need this information..? when you want.

are you using normal function or OOALV

0 Kudos

HI Vijay Babu,

already there is a program which load data and call ALV with stored layout vaiant.

Now I need a internal table after the all field selection,sort,filter options in ALV.

I don't want to display ALV , get data do some work .

Thanks,

Balamurugan.R