cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two shipments for same delivery: is it possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I have created a outbound delivery and with respect to it done Goods issue. After that also done the required invoice. Now i am able to create two shipments for the same delivery. This is causing double payments.

Please sujjest what is the problem . Primarily Is this possible to create number of shipments for same deliveries ?

I am new to this process . Please suggest wether i am following correct path.If no then please tell me the correct flow of pocess.

Please help.

Ask if you need any more info.

waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Rohit Chavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

As per the standard process you can't create shipment document for the delivery after PGI.

You can create shipment for multiple deliveries but You can't create multiple shipment document for single delivery.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Murali,

I also had same concept that we cannot create number of shipment for same delivery. But this time i already created two shipments for the same delivery. This is the main problem i am facing.

Do you know any setting by which we can avoid this situation.

Waiting for your reply

Thanks

Rohit

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

Please go through these settings in the IMG

IMG>Logistics execution>Shipping>Deliveries>Susequent delivery split.

Here you check the settings for your delivery type regarding planning.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

The invoices happen based on sale order/delivery reference, the invoice doesnot get split based on the number of shipments.

If the invoice is delivery related and if you are invoicing that particular single delivery then only one invoice should be created.

If you have any other scenario, explain in detail

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member

hI,

The problem is not with the invoice , but is with the shipment doc.. There are two shipment doc created for a single delivery. Hence the billing is getting doubled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

You may getting double invoices because you are doing shipment after invoice. There may be setting which automatically creates the invoice when you save a shipment. Hence the two invoices.

Please follow the following procedure.

Sales Order --> Delivery --> Picking / Shipment --> Shipment/ Picking --> PGI --> Invoice.

I hope this helps.

Dany