cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

i am working for BPM scenario. i have one requirement that i need to maintain a value table(But i know how to maintain value table in xi) but my question is in performance... how many entries were support in value mapping table..

(i am going to select particular field value based on 2 input fields. i.e input structure contain 2 fields and output having 1 field, in my case it will be ~110 table entries). or else i need to go for calling a BAPI ??

can any one help me in this regard??

is xi will face any performance issue??

Thanks in advance.

Radhika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

110 entries in a value mapping with BPM doesnt affect the performance much. You can very well use that. Just fyi, in Value mapping you can add even more than 1000 entires. I have tried once, and it keeps on going, I dont find any limitations in that...however there should be some end...

But if you try to use a BAPI for that like a look-up inside mapping with BPM will definetly affect the performance.

If you use a BAPI after the message reaches the applicaiton, this would be the best option for any kind of performance issues.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean about 110 value mapping groups??

If yes and if they contains less number of data then there will be no problem. Also depends upon the access of number of value mapping groups at a time in run time.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sarvesh...

the table entries will be 110.an in runtime scenario will

(total BPM) use 6 valuemappings(those entries for tabel were lessthan 8).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your case using value mapping will not be a problem but you need to consider the below facts also.

Mapping should not be very complex, I mean if there are lots of UDFs and conditions and the volume of incoming data is also very huge then obviously there will be an performance issue otherwise due to value mapping only there will be no problmes..

Regards,

Sarvesh