cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get target file name and buffer the incoming messages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have one scenarion like

I wanted to find whether is there any file existing in target folder. If it exists I dont want to overwrite it but I have to buffer the incoming messages in some queue or something like that. And when ever the request comes next time I have to send the data buffered in queue first.

I dont want to add any time stamp for target file to avoide duplication.

Can we do this using XI. If yes please suggest me how to achive this.

Regards

Sowmya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts

>

> I have one scenarion like

> I wanted to find whether is there any file existing in target folder. If it exists I dont want to overwrite it but I have to buffer the incoming messages in some queue or something like that. And when ever the request comes next time I have to send the data buffered in queue first.

>

> I dont want to add any time stamp for target file to avoide duplication.

>

> Can we do this using XI. If yes please suggest me how to achive this.

>

>

> Regards

> Sowmya

there is no standard way to achieve this. I suggest a redesign.

post the files to a different directory and write a script which will move the file to the required target directory only if it is not present there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So you want me to write a script file and give it in OS Level Command ( After File Processing ) ?

Is it what your suggesting?

But I am not familiar with writing the scripts at OS level Command. Could you please suggest me how to write these scripts. We are not using Window OS.

We are using HPUX OS.

Thanks & Regards

Sowmya

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need of OS Command for this. XI process the OS level command only after pocessing the Adapter.

There should be some kind of scheduling available for this at OS level. Please check with that.