cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend material and Customer for New Sales Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a customer and a material in one sales area.

Can anyone please tell me how to extend the same material and same customer in 3 newly created sales area?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ideal and recommended way is as suggested by Laxmipathi.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you dont want to do as Lakshmipathy said, you can maintain common DC's and Div's so you dont need to extend your customer/material/conditions everytime for a new sales area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear AriBis,

Is it really So..?

I don't think as you have to extend Customer/ Material, every time to new Sales Area/ Company Code, in order to do use the same in to Sales Document and other SD-Processings; though you have maintained the Common Distribution Channel/ Division.

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: In my opinion, Mr. Laskhmipathi has suggested, correct solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just try it Amit and see for yourself. What i said is only standard SAP . Maintian common DC as 00 and assign to all your other DC's. Similarly maintain 00 as a common Division.

Now maitain your customer for Sls Org0000 and you can use this customer in all sales areas.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christino

Go to XD01, input the existing Account Group, Customer Code and new sales area and below you can see a tab "Reference". There maintain the existing sales area and execute.

Similarly for extending material to another sales area, go to MM01, input the existing material code and maintain the same material code in "Copy from". Now select only Sales views and execute. Two boxes will appear. On the left, you need to maintain the new sales area which you want to extend and on the right side, you can see the existing sales area. Once you execute, system will give a message "Material already exists and will be extended".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi