cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subcontracting issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

In subcontracting process my client is getting scrap.subcontractor is sending scrap after some days after sending all semi finished products.

while doing goods receipt for scrap alone system is throwing error "purchase order contains no items".how to recieve the scrap with refernce to subcontracting order.

pls guide me how to solve the issue .

thanks & regards

vr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vr,

I'm not sure (I haven't ever tried), but maybe you cannot receive the by-product w/o GR...

If you don not do GR against the subcon PO, you cannot receive the scrap (by MB1B + 542), since you have no stock from the scrap.

What you can do is to set (in SPRO > MM > IM > Plant Parameters) negative stock allowed for subcontracting > get the stock by MB1A + 542 > after GR the by-product will fill up the negative stock to 0 (by mvt 545).

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you guys for nice responce.

i maintained scrap component in explode bom in P.O.as a separate material..

while doing G.R for semi finished goods i am able to receive the scrap.but if receiving of semi finished is completed & if scrap alone has to receive with reference to subcontracting order system is not accepting.

thanks

vr

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

This could be possible in subcontracting BOM,declare the scrap component in the same BOM,this shall be negative (-ve) with the total scrap quantity.Explode the BOM in PO,so when you sent the goods to subcontractor by 541 movement system consider scrap qty also,so while posting GR for FG and you can also take scrap qty in with the same GR.

If you don't have BOM then the same scrap qty can be declare in component tab in subcontracting PO,so system could take care of the scrap item while posting the GR.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Rahul

Award points if it suits you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there are different way to Map this scenario.

have u taken scrap % in BOM?

If yes,

then mention it as -ve in BOM,then scrap will be generated at vendors end and u can take it back through 542 movent type not in MIGO. do it through MB1B.

if u have not maitained scrap % in BOM ?

If Yes,

then take it through 501 from that vendor.

regards,

sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When u declare the components in the components tab of the PO in the Item details, also mention the total scrap Qty that is likely to be produced. It shall be -ve. So when u send the goods for subcontracting by 541 mvt type it takes in to consideration the scrap also and the same has to brought back to our premises later by doing GR.

You can also define the BOM accordingly and define the scrap in the same so when the subcontracting PO is raised the BOM shall take care of the same

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prasanna

Award pls if helpful