Diff btwn......MASTERDATA...AND...TRANSACTIONDATA....in PS and in SAP

Regards

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

master data are those data that are stored in system that are used repetetively (or for future use).

example are: GL accts, Materials, Vendors, Customers, Standard Projects (Templates etc..)

Transactional Data, as the name implies, are those data generated via transactions such as Document Numbers for PR's, PO's etc.. other examples of transactional data for PS are budget, planned cost ect..

Usually transactional data are inputted by users as they go by their usual activites. master data on the other hand are usually uploaded in the system to be used during transactions by the different functional users.

Another basic difference is Master data is data that remains unchanged over a period of time. It contains information that is always needed in the same way. For example, all personal attributes can be stored in various SAP standard infotypes as records with specific validity which are called master data. Transaction data: Data relating to the day-to-day transactions.

please post further query to specify what point you need more info.

regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Master data is the data which is not changed once it is crearted.

Ex:- Vendor, Customer Number.

Transction data is the data which are changed frequently.

Ex:- Pr number, Po Number, Document Number.

Regards

Raman T S

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasai

Master data is data that remains unchanged over a period of time. It contains information that is always needed in the same way. For example, all personal attributes can be stored in various SAP standard infotypes as records with specific validity which are called master data.

Transaction data is Data relating to the day-to-day transactions.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.....Shri....Ramesh......Makal.

Thanx for valuable replies.

I have rewarded points.

So can u plz clarify me whether WBS AND NETWORK...is Master data...or....Transactional data.

Regards

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

WBS and Network are all master data , because information for all of these will be getting from the customer.

These can be uploaded through BDC.

Regards,

Nitin

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WBS & NETWORK fall under Master Data. Not only these two.. Even Project Definition, DB structure for user fields, DB structure of the quantities, dates & values... They are all part of master data tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear chandrasai

WBS & Network are Master Data.

once we created for the Project we will not going to change the Either WBS or Network. If we want any changes we will create a new Network or WBS.

Regards

Raman T S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx....Nitin....Raman....Makal.

I have rewarded points.

Now i understood the concept.

Thanx to every one.

I am closing this thread.

Regards

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Master data is information which does not change regularly like vendor/customer master

Transaction data is data changes frequently like purchase order/PR/sales order etc.

Master data must be uploaded before entering transaction data.

Rgds