Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW CAN I INSERT SINGLE FIELD INTO MY FIELD CATALOG

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my ALV report I had already combined 2 tables with for all entries concept.I need to again add T685a-KSCHL field.This field how can add into my report and field catalog list.Is it necessary again I have to make join with this field with previous.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly, try making habit of not using all CAPS in your subject.

Whole subject/thread content in CAPS sounds like shouting and considered as indecent behaviour in SDN. Rest i guess you know what can happen.

~Eswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just declare this new field in your final internal table structure.

Now use loop at it_final into wa_final...in which use select single kschl from t685a into wa_final-kschl where <comparing fields> = wa_final<comparing fields>.

Then declare your fieldcatalogue for this new field.

Regards

Debarshi

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gavani

The general logic of ALV lists is to provide as many information as possible and let the user decide how to tailor the list (e.g. by hiding / rearranging columns, etc.).

Thus, if the additionally required column KSCHL is already part of the structures used for the two itab's then use these structures to build automatically the fieldcatalog (fm LVC_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE ) and hide afterwards all columns that are not required:

LS_FCAT-NO_OUT = 'X'.  " not displayed on list but can chosen from layout
LS_FCAT-TECH   = 'X'.  " neither displayed on list nor visible in layout, i.e. completely hidden

Regards

Uwe