Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Load due to Session_Manager

Hi Friends,

The Early Watch Alert report shows that Session_manager as one of the top 5 transactions causing the highest load.

My production environment is AIX5.3/ECC 7/Oracle

My SAPGUI is 640 Final Release and at Patch level 26

In what way can I improve on this and remove the session_manager from the list of top 5 transactions causing a load

Thanks...

Aliila

replied

Hello,

The load caused by the transaction SESSION_MANAGER, combined with the high roll in + wait time could indicate that the SAP Easy Access menu is not configured correctly and should be tuned to improve overall response times. It is also possible that your users have been assigned disproportionately large user menus. We advise you to ensure there are a reasonable number of entries (nodes) in the User Menu. Refer to SAP Notes 203617 and 203994 for more details.

A high roll wait time or gaps in response time could be a first indication of a slow network between the GUI and the R/3 instance. Please do a "LAN Check by Ping" test, through ST06 txn. If the network response time is quite high, contact your network vendor if necessary.

Also, please ensure that your front-end computers meet the requirements of SAP Note 26417.

Hope this helps,

Yours Sincerely

Dileep

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question