cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business connector 4.8 Adapter page not opening

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have installed SAP BC 4.8 on Windows 2003 SP 2 Server.

I am able to start the server but when i try to open the adapter section in internet explorer, the page is not opening. I have started the server in debug mode but no errors.

I installed BC 4.8 way on Windows XP the same way and it installed successfully.

Can anyone tell me what i need to do and what i need to check.

Thanks for the help.

Sreejith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Do you use the correct install files for windows server? is it 32bit or 64bit?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have used 32-bit Windows 2003 Server as OS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

So I assume, that your server is a 32bit Windows Server and not a 64bit Windows Server. Correct?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again, that problem is a known bug and is solved with service pack 1 of Business Connector 4.8. No need to check further about OS details.

CSY

felix_king
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

that is true, Corefix 1 solves this. We have no problem with this since installing the fix.

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

this is a bug in BC 4.8 which will be fixed in the first service release. It only occurs on Internet Explorer, not Firefox. It only occurs for certain host names, not all.

Until the service release, the workaround is to access the adapter pages via the Package Manager / Home button. Or better, making that home pages a favorite in your browser.

CSY

felix_king
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have had already seen the Corefix 1 and in between installed.

Now the adapter pages opens as usual.

Thanks Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

May be while installing you didnt install it properly. I think one of the folder had some files which are required for adapter. Didnt remember now. Check with the guides on the installation documentation will be there when you install SAP BC.

Try re installing. and go to the web based GUI and admin try to test all adapters

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gaurav,

I have tried re-installing.

I am able to open the web-admin and also all the links except the ones in the adapters section.

I have checked the installation document, adapter guide for BC 4.8 but i couldnt find anything useful.

I was just wondering if it has got anything to do with the OS.

lemme know if you have come across anything like this.

thanks for the help.

Sreejith

felix_king
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sreejith,

we have exactly the same problem after changing the machinename of the server.

Have you already found a solution?

Best regards

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi felix,

I have not yet resolved the issue, but i can access the adapters page from the packages(SAP) - home.

Am not sure if its some setting problem or product bug because when i see the installation log there are no failures. All the products are installed successfully.

Sreejith