Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scalability of Integration Engine

horst_hring
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

are there any statements about scalability of the integration engine of XI 3.0? What can we do if we run into performance problems. Is the IE clusterable?

Thanks in advance,

Horst

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

XI is based on SAP WAS so you can use multiple was instances - load balancing for example

have a look at this document:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/3.0/sap exchange infrastructure tuning guide xi 3.0.pdf

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

there are several possibilities that you can take into consideration. An additional java node can help you, even with a little bit of patience and thinking you could dedicate a java node only for mappings However, relying on the heap size of the j2ee, you can increase the maxthread and the maxconsumers in the j2ee so that more messages can be queued. This has to be done with a lot of care as you may run into outofmemory errors if the heap size is not enough to handle a high number of consumer and/or connections. Have a look at the quicksizer and check how your hardware resources should look like according to your scenarios (mappings, etc)

the adress is service.sap.com/quicksizer. It is relatively easy to use.

Best regards, Jaime Farinos

horst_hring
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read the document, Michal, chapter 3.1.3 about load balancing is quite helpfull. Thank's.

As I understand it right for scaling up the adapter engine (java stack) I would need a web dispatcher but for scaling up the integration engine (ABAP stack) this would do the message server. Right?

As I understand it, Jaime, most of the performance/memory is needed for the mapping in general? That's why normal mappings don't use XSLT?

Kind regards,

Horst

PS: The quicksizer did not work for me (with firefox)

Answers (0)