cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Notification Upon PR Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I wanted to make the PR approval workflow such that, after a PR is approved, no notification is sent at all.

I am using the BOR Object BUS2009, Method INFORELEASEEFFECTED. However this method couldn't be processed as background task.

Thus, I changed to the method SingleReleaseNoDialg which could be processed as background task. However, I am getting the error "Release outside field of responsibility". And I just found out that this method has been obsolete.

Can anyone suggest what I could do to avoid any work item being created after approval?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Yen Li

Edited by: Yen Li Boo on Oct 20, 2008 8:45 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi YL,

try changing the agent assignment for the task, remove 'General'.

Hope it helps.

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Yes, it solved my problem. Owwh, how could I forget about this? Thanks a lot.

However, I am just wondering, would this method pose any negative effect to the system, as the work items are still being created, just that they go to nobody, since there is no agent?

Thanks,

Yen Li

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi YL,

try if you could use the SAP_WAPIDISABLE or SAP_WAPIDELETE (workitem) FM in your WF definition somewhere, else I dont think it would create any issues in the system.

Aditya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You just remove this particular step of notification and may be create a send mail step that notifies the initiator of release which is background.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip,

I am using the standard PR workflow and did not include any notification step. However, a work item is created upon release of PR by default by the BUS 2009 Object Method InfoReleaseEffected where it is a dialog method. I think it is this property that created the work item in the initiator's inbox.

Is there any way to disable this?

Thanks,

Yen Li