cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch No Tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend

My clint having texturising machine.while he buy the raw material they got a merge number(batch number).when they get a production order they use raw material for single batch number they never mix two (mergh)batch number. based on raw material they change his machine setting and give new batch no for his finish product. for next production order if they get raw material for same mergh(batch)number they directly use the previes machine setting and use the same batch no(previes production order batch no)for the current order. so that FG batch number is depend on machine setting. Its not defferent for each production order.

If the use same batch raw material for number of production orders for that all production order batch numbers are all same.

How to map this in sap?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I got your point as according to the bach of raw materail (marge and denier of POY) you utilized it in finish product and do the setting accordingly of Machine.

But in standard SAP there is no provision that batch should determine on the base of raw material consumption.

You can cteate bactch at time production order relaease or at the time of GR. Just try with manual batch determination at the time of production order in MRP2 view if that satifies your requirement or

If not then you can use the serial number funcitionality for this.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

I am bit confused here with the options that system is proposing in MRP-II view.

there are following options for batch entry in MRP II view

blank - Batch in goods issue, no confirmation required.

1 - Manual batch determination required upon release of order

2 - Batch not required in prod./process oreder; confirmation reqd

3 - Automatic batch determination upon release of order

If i see in SAP library http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46C/helpdata/EN/25/28428b4f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/frameset.htm,

The system creates a batch master record in the background in the following procedures:

The first time goods are received for a batch

During creation of a process or production order

When a usage decision is made in quality management

During a recurring inspection

For transfer postings (when you want to split a batch, for example)

When creating a purchase order

Now my question is, if i want to create a new batch at the time of GR for production order how do i achieve this? or for any other option like creating a batch at the time of UD, recurring inspection or transfer posting, should i have to maintain any indicator in MRP-II view in material master?

Regards,

Himanshu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JeyaKumar,

It looks quite difficult because as per std SAP Batch Level there can be 3 settings are there for Batch Level,

- Batch Uniqe at Plant Level

- Batch Uniqe at Material Level

- Batch uniqe at Client Level for a Material.

Now in your case non of the lavel is applicable becuase you requires same batch no. for no. of times for same material and production Order.

One option may be create Production Order qty as per the Batch stock of RM.means 1 Batch of RM Vs 1 Batch of Finish Product ony.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

1.Create the Batch manually or manually in production order

2.Assign characteristics and vales(Machine Settings) to the batch.

3.Save the batch

While creating the production order enter this batch.One can enter the same batch for number of times.

Also stock will be posted to the same batch.

Also you can use serial number management.

Hope this will solve your problem.....

Satyajit Patil