Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS Debugging vs external brakpoint

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are on an WAS 6.20 with level 45 + BBPCRM 350.

We are running the SRM EBP Online Shop.

In SE80 I can see a package BBP_GEN, which contains all the ITS Services and html templates for EBP.

<b>Quest.1:</b>

I can't see these ITS Services in SICF. Why is that?

<b>Quest.2:</b>

I noticed that debugging the BADI methods does not work, when trying <b>external debugging</b>. I set up external debugging for my current sap-user, which i also use in the web application. But the debugger does not come up.

I also activated the ICF root (assuming that this will activate debugging for all services).

instead I put in <i>

break <myname>.

</i> then the webapplication stops and waits for me to launch the debugger. I get thi message:

ABAP/4 Debugger

<i>The transaction is currently being debugged. You can continue as soon as your debugging session is finished.</i>

this leads to

<b>Quest. 3:</b>

can somebody provide an how-to-guide, how to set up the ITS-debugger this way?

loads of points wait to beearned

kind regards, matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mattias,

EBP 3.5 does not use integrated ITS, so no use of SICF (except for attchement document download).

So use classic standalone ITS debug: define a port for ITS debug via ITS administration service, define a new entry in your SAP Logon with this port number as system ID, using ITS server, etc...

Rgds

Christophe

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

thanx a lot, didn't know that external debug only works with integrated ITS.

Do I have to create something like this in saplogon:

Description: myITS

appl.server: <host>:<port>

syst id: <port>

syst.nr: ???

what about the syst.nr? - or is it written somewhere in the ITS Documentation - do u know a link?

thanx, matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy,

For external ITS debug, you have to activate the debugging on the ITS (web admin transaction), and there you define the port on which it is working (sapdpXX).

In the SAPLOGON create an entry as follow:

Description: myITS

appl.server: <i>ITS host</i>

syst id: <i>whatever</i>

syst.nr: <i>XX port you defined in ITS for debugging</i>

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to add a SAP logon entry:

appl.server: <ITS host>

syst id: <EBP one>

syst.nr: <debug port define in ITS admin consol>

In ITS admin guid, you will find all documentation to enable ITS debugging:

Once logged in ITS admin service:

- select ITS instance --> Configuration --> Debug,

then

: Debug : set to ON

: SapguiDebuggerPort: define a port to be re-used in SAP Logon syst.nr

Restart ITS

Rgds

Christophe

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i informed our sap base to provide the required details for ITS debugging. But via sap logon, I don't get onto the system. Probably our mistake, wrong hostname or whatever. For the time being I shall close the thread and maybe reopen it, when after all every effort remains fruitless. thanx for your help,

matthias

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing this Debugging issue again - so far I helped myself with creating an endless loop in the program and then jumping there via sm50 debug options. but now there are more users on the system and I prefer the system to jump to "break <sy-user>".

What I did so far:

enabled ITS Debugging for my system - set the debugport in ITSADMIN to "sapdp06" . I am not sure here - maybe only "06"?

Currently nothing happens, when the break is reached. When the message comes up: application is currently debugged (cotinue when over and so on) and when then I throw in the ITS Debugger, launching from saplogon, nothing happens.

When launching the ITS Debugger standalone from saplogon I get an Error.

Help appreciated,

Matthias

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

I reopened this issue because there is one more quest. to the Debug issue.

Scenario: EBP 3.5 with Requisite 3.5/88

This is just a question out of interest.

ITS debugging with personal breakpoint (break <sy-uname>)works fine for me for most of the BADIs.

<b>One Exception:</b>

We are using Requisite. Now I want to have a look on the OCI Interface in BADi BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER with method 'enrich_item_data'.

Here I can only perform SM50 endless loop debugging.

The above BADI is being called, when clicking the Button 'Order Item' on EBPs additional Requisite window with catalog contents (so this window should close, and the selected items transferred to SC).

In the BADI I have a break <sy-uname>. In fact ITS Debugger comes up with the usual message (ABAP/4 Debugger bla bla... cotinue). When logging on to ITS Debugger and then clicking 'continue' on the ITS Debugger screen, I get transferred immediately to:

"End Of Session

Thank you for working with the Internet Transaction Server!" without breaking.

But with an endless loop a the same position I can jump in the source code.

Why is that?

thanx, matthias

Message was edited by: Matthias Kasig