cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine Storage Location of material automatically while doing UD .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ASAP,

Hope you must be doing great.

I wanted to determine storage location of material automatically while doing UD .

Storage location is Determining automatically for movt. type 101/321.

But for Movt. type 103/105, System is not able to determine Storage Location of material automatically while doing UD.

Dear Expert I have done the required config. for plant & Movement type respectively to determine Storage location automatically.

If I require any hard coding to determine Storage Location automatically while doing UD,plz let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Manoj Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used New BADI program to determine SL at UD level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking reply from Mr Pankaj Singh /Priyanka Paltanwale / Áshøk Kümàr Telikülà

plz help me to resolve this issue.

Regards

Manoj K singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

any reply

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

go to OMJJ

here give 103/105

then tick create storage loc auto maticallly and save

regards

kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

I have already done the required config./setting as you suggested for plant & movt.type 103/105.

But it is not determining.

Regards

Manoj

0 Kudos

Hi Greetings

Movement type 103/ 105 are storage location independent as the stock is not posted to Company own stock and the system does not create a inspection lot automatically when you post Movement type 103.

Please provide more information about whether an inspection lot has been created ,when you posted 103 movement type.

Gobinathan G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gobinathan G

While doing GR w.r.t PO for Movement type 103.

following transaction is taking place.

1. Excise posting is taking place.

2. Material stock is getting posted to GR block stock type.

3. Inspection lot is also getting generated.

4. For this inspection lot , Result recording and UD transaction is taking place, while doing UD, Relevent UD code is being given and in Inspection lot screen, material qty. has to be posted to Unrestricted Stk. , and Storage location field has to be populated automatically.

which is not happening.

I believe that that much of information is enough to understand my requirement.

now please help me to resolve this critical issue.

Regards

Manoj

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

Thanks for your detailed information.

Can you please confirm whether you are using "stock determination: for automatic storage location determination.

Gobinathan G

0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using "Stock determination" , assign Stock Determination Rule to the movement type 105 in the following configuration

MM --> Inventory Management and Physical Inventory --> Stock Determination --> Inventory Management .

If you are not using "Stock determination" , enter the storage location in the purchase order.

Gobinathan G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gobi.....

I believe that Stock determination strategy will be use only for stock removal, plz correct me if I am wrong

Now coming to our cases.

As per config. done for Plant & Movt. type 103/105, System is able to determine SL at PO automatically.

When I am using 101 to Post GR, In MIGO System is populating SL field automatically and same Storage location is being carrying on to UD Storage location.

But for 103 case is different, though 103 is conditional movt. type ie by default you have assume that mat. is faulty.

In this case , while doing UD SL has to determine automatically,

Now plz suggest me what to do,

I have cross verified from our other client, there manually, SL has to be populated, but over here client want that SL has to determine automatically.

plz help me.

Regards

Manoj