Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re: assign profit center to order type

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

good morning to everybody,

i have a question i have 1000 materials in my organization using by 5 company codes in that few material i need to assign profit center so i went to mm change and assigned the profit center for sales:general/plant and plant data/stor.2, if i want to assign profit center to order type how can i assign, if i cannot assign in order type i need to assign profit center in mm change for 500 materials, so if i change manually in mm change for 500 materials is it going to effect for the other company code when they post the transactions please give me your opinions.

thanks in advance and points will be assign for useful answers.

kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For these 500 materials u can give the proficenter in sales order.Double click on line item and go to Account Assignment in this give the profit center.

Hope this will solve ur problem.

RV

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mr.venkateswarlu,

could you tellme some more detailly in which tcode i need to assign profit center. so that i will double click and goto account assignment to give profit center.

thanks in advance,

kumar.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar

Go to VA02, input the sale order reference and execute. There double click on the line item and select the tab "Account Assignment". There you can see the field "Profit Center".

As I said in your other thread, if you have generated subsequent documents like delivery or billing, you cannot change this for that line item. You have to close this line item by assigning "Reason for Rejection", and create a new line item but then, b4 doing this, you should have changed the profit center in material master.

Alternatively, if you want to update in bulk, go to T.Code MASS, input "BUS2032" in Object Type and execute. There select "Sales Order Item Data" and click on "Fields".

Select the field name "MASSVBAP-PRCTR" and execute. Either you can input the sale order references for which you would like to change or just execute.

Now you will have a screen "New Values" on top and below the existing sale orders listed. Give the new profit center against the field "New Values" and execute.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The profit center is plant specific for the material and you can have different profit center in the material master plant wise.

If you want to determine a different profit center (other than the one maintained in material master) based on order type or some other criterion, you need to define profit center substitution rules.

Check the wiki:

[Profit Center Substitution in Sales Orders|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/erplo/profitCenterSubstitutioninSales+Orders]

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In sales order double click on line item and go to Accoun Assignment Tab Page there u will see the field.

RV