cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number Replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frnds ,

I have a change order scenario after shipment(we are implementing Sales Scanrio) , for these i created returns and for those returns we need serial number to be input in the order , am able to provide .But when order is replicated to ECC am not able see the serial number in returns documnet of ECC( I need the serail number in ECC because i want to validate that serial number and we are implementing Service Module in ECC or in CRM and there is no Installed Base) . For this do i need to activate any field in the document of ECC?? Am i missing anything ....I would appreciate your help.

When SAP has provided the Serail Number Validation ECC option then that serial number has to be replicated if not wrong?

Thanks in Advance

RR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is the SN generated? Is it generated during product registration on company's website or when the product is delivered (in delivery?) Material should have a serial profile attached for SAP to generate it if you are not using a custom FM to generate SNs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin ,

Thank You for reply. You're rght we have assigned serial number profile to material in Material master. But serial number is downloaded as Individual Object in CRM ,were we dont have service scenario rght now. Your absoluteley rght if we have Service concept implementation we can download the equipment config and serial numbers from ECC to CRM.

Here we have change order scenario after shipment which is almost Returns , Now when customer is returning a product , the product has to validated against serial number .In CRM we have option of validating the serial number in ECC.Now , am facing a issue of replicating the serial number which is entered in Returns document when the document has reached ECC i dont see any serial number in ECC . We have validated the Data Exchange BADI ,in that we were unable to find the serial number palce hold .Just am wondering is there any step am missing or is there any way that i can send the serial nimber to ECC to validate the serial number in the retruns document. I would Appreciate your response.

Thanks in Advance

RR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Serial Number has to be supplied in the returns transaction by the user manually if it is not attached to the existing product he has purchased (via a Installed Base or IO). If you want to keep the same serial number in ECC as in CRM for the product w/o downloading, make a call to ECC whenever the customer or an agent creates a return, so that it would fetch the correct serial number either in the returns transaction in CRM or when it gets replicated in ECC. In the serial profile enable serial numbers for sales txs.

If you do not want to make a call to ECC, fill the serial numbers in the product master in CRM as customer specific product (This is a field in relationships) and fetch it from there for the return tx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Robin for response.

Regards

Rama

0 Kudos

Hi

I was reading through the above thread and wondered if you have since solved it. if so, could you share how this was resolved? Reason being in the help document it says serial numbers cannot be replicated to ECC from CRM.

Thanks and Regards

P.Bhaskaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Guys we are not implementing Service Module in ECC or in CRM.