SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assortment Grading

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is Assortment Grading ?

We fill in while maintaining MM41.

What is its use and does it have any vital importance in real scenarios?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member198994
Participant
0 Kudos

In SAP terms, Assortment Grade describes the depth of an assortment per site and material group.

Let me give an example to explain you.

Assume we have following articles assigned to a merchandise Category u2018Televisionu2019.

1. Sony Ordinary Colour TV (INR 13000) <Assortment Grade : 1>

2. Sony LCD TV (INR 22000) <Assortment Grade : 2>

3. Sony Plasma TV (INR 55000) <Assortment Grade : 3>

Now, you have three store which are classified based on the kind of locality it is located

Store 1 : Low income Class

Store 2 : Middle Class

Store 3: High Class

Now you know that, there is no use of keeping the Plasma TV in Store 1, because your customer doesnu2019t have the Income to buy the same. To facilitate this, in your site master (under merchandise categories tab) for each merchandise category you will be assigning the Assortment Grade.

In another case, if you are assigning Assortment Grade 3 for a merchandise category for a site, all the articles having the Assortment Grade 1 and 2 will also be listed. This way you have better control on the Assortment.

I hope things are at better understanding now. Do let me know, if you any doubts.

Regards,

Raja

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

former_member198994
Participant
0 Kudos

In SAP terms, Assortment Grade describes the depth of an assortment per site and material group.

Let me give an example to explain you.

Assume we have following articles assigned to a merchandise Category u2018Televisionu2019.

1. Sony Ordinary Colour TV (INR 13000) <Assortment Grade : 1>

2. Sony LCD TV (INR 22000) <Assortment Grade : 2>

3. Sony Plasma TV (INR 55000) <Assortment Grade : 3>

Now, you have three store which are classified based on the kind of locality it is located

Store 1 : Low income Class

Store 2 : Middle Class

Store 3: High Class

Now you know that, there is no use of keeping the Plasma TV in Store 1, because your customer doesnu2019t have the Income to buy the same. To facilitate this, in your site master (under merchandise categories tab) for each merchandise category you will be assigning the Assortment Grade.

In another case, if you are assigning Assortment Grade 3 for a merchandise category for a site, all the articles having the Assortment Grade 1 and 2 will also be listed. This way you have better control on the Assortment.

I hope things are at better understanding now. Do let me know, if you any doubts.

Regards,

Raja