cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery status Being Processed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I created a delivery order document, then Post Goods Issue and created billing. Then I did released billing to accounting. Then I found out wrong entry on the billing and cancelled it. After that I did returns order reference to billing doc no, returns delivery, return PGI and created a Return Credit Memo. Then I posted the Return Credit Memo to Account. Lastly I do clearing on the Accounting documents related.

The problems is on the delivery document flow. why the Overall Status of the delivery doc is still BEING PROCESSED ? It should show status completed.

Also, when I run TCode VKM4, it still showing credit value.

Pls Help.

TQ

rgds

Henery

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

what exactly was the wrong entry in billing? was it the price or did you have to adjust items and quantities?

in your original transaction Sales Order > Delivery > PGI > Billing, you cancelled the invoice. the delivery status turns from 'completed' to 'being in process'.

you should not use the sales returns processing because this is a different cycle. even when you do returns delivery, the original outbound delivery is not updated. only the returns cycle is updated.

instead you should have first Reversed PGI (VL09) > Delete Delivery (VL02N) > Change Sales Order (VA02).

if you did not wish to delete the outbound delivery but merely intended to add items in billing, then just make changes in the original sales order, create another delivery, do PGI and do collective billing wrt to the 2 outbound deliveries.

even another alternative, depending on the wrong entry in billing, you can explore the use of invoice correction without cancelling the original invoice.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan yap on Oct 20, 2008 6:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delivery status being processed thats means

one od the item in delivery is not billed

check item in delivery one by one whether its billed fully by document flow of each item

Mangesh Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you cancelled the original invoice, did you re-invoice the original delivery? You just mentioned that you cancelled the invoice and then created a return order w.r.t the invoice but you did not mention that you invoice the delivery again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The process is not correct.

After the billing document is cancelled the delivery status will automatically change to being processed as there is no billing document for the delivery document. There will not be any debit balance in the customer account as the the billing is done and subsequently cancelled.

Now, you have done the process of returns and crediting the customer also whereas there is no debit balance in the first place.

To offset the credit entry you will have to bill the customer for the earlier delivery document so that debit is also done. The delivery status will also change to completed.

Regards,

GSL.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Henery

Have you tested for couple of documents ?? Is the problem only in the particular delivery ??

Not sure, this will solve but please check your customer master Sales Area Data under Shipping tab, where, if you maintain "D" for the field "Partial delivery per item", the status will be like this. It should have been blank.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi