Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

READ_TEXT will get text for spras differs ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have text in Invoice:

vf03 --> give invoice --> ENTER --> Press Billing items tab -->

Goto --> Header --> Header texts

I have 5 texts and

I am using READ_TEXT function module to

How ever when spras = 'I' ( Itialy), then read_text is fetching the text.

But my driver program from nast table as well as from function module view_vbadr and SD_ADDRESS_GET is getting spras value as 'E'.

Due to which my text is not getting selected.

Do I need to do any thing in this regards OR How to explain this to functional guy ?

THANKS IN ADV.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member598013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Your text might not maintained in the language I (Italia) . Talk to your Functional guy to specify that the text is not maintained in the langauge I.

Thanks,

Chidanand

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

ask the functional person to check which language is he maintaining these text ids, you can check yourself the langauge in VF03 if you want

former_member598013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Your text might not maintained in the language I (Italia) . Talk to your Functional guy to specify that the text is not maintained in the langauge I.

Thanks,

Chidanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

In vf03, it is maitianed in Italy.

But my driver program basically getting language 'E' from nast table as well as from function module view_vbadr and SD_ADDRESS_GET .

In Debugging I chaged the spras from 'E' to 'I' just before passing READ_TEXT fm , then it fetched the italy text.

So, function modules RV_BILLING_PRINT_VIEW ( view_vbadr and SD_ADDRESS_GET ) is giving me in my program as 'E'.

How to handle this E to I