cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Server Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just installed Crystal Server on Windows Server 2003 machine, using SQL2005 as my DB.

I am looking at migrating all my scheduled reports as I see them in Infoview from a Windows 2000/SQL 2000 config.

I have successfully restored the db from 2000 to 2005 and the installation seems successful. I have also tried running the import wizard.

All my Groups, Folders and Objects seem to be available, however whenever I try and view a report, I get the following error

"The Page Server you are trying to connect to is not accessible. Please contact your system administrator."

I believe this is because, although I have changed the CMS Datasource to the new SQL server, I have also moved all the reports to my new server but I have not changed the Report Datasource itself.

I duplicated the directory and its contents

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11\FileStore

from my old server to my new as I could see in the Central Management console that one of my reports had a file name of

frs://Input/a_225/080/000/20705/1540560a72871b4.rpt

Although the file is now there on my new server, if I preview (which is based on the report id) I still get this error.

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by: Simon Stainmagen on Oct 20, 2008 2:31 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

I'm sorry that I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm very curious about the steps you took to get Crystal 9 working with SQL 2005. I'm having issues with installing the APS service and from that point on, nothing works properly. I'm installing Crystal Enterprise 9 Professional on W2K3 R2 SP2 and SQL 2005 SP2. My next attempt will be to uninstall everything, install SQL 2000, install Crystal 9, and then upgrade the SQL to 2005. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Did you ever get your CE9 installation connecting to SQL Server 2005? I'm having issues with getting my CE9 server to created an odbc to SQL Server 2005. It can ping it but nothing else...