Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REDUCTION RULE for UNPAID Absence

gangadharrao_tenneti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly let me how to use Reduction Rule, to not to generate Quotas on UNPAID Absence.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Kind Regards,

TG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can somebody explain in detail about the use of reduction rule, am faimilar with unpaid absence's but never worked on this decution reule...how it works, what exactly it does..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. if you are working with Loss of pay please look for that at Valuation of Absences in payroll, Reduction rules for absences is not applicable for that. That is for a very different purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why do you need a Reduction Rule for unpaid absence without having reference to Quota.

But if you intend to mention the counting i.e. < specified hours then not to count, but > specified hours it should count as a day absent etc.. then usually with combination of Counting rules and Rounding rules we can achieve this.

Once you dont assign a Deduction rule with reference to Quota there is no quota generation happens for this specific absence type (we assign Deduction rule to counting rules which in turn assigns to Absence type). At the data entry level you can restrict as well by mentioning right screen type in table T554S.

Sri..

gangadharrao_tenneti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing Time for once the international company,

All customizations are working fine; only thing is I just want to know how to use Reduction Rule for an unpaid absence,

as some QUOTA GENERATIONS are dependent on UNPAID ABSENCE, I need to restrict quota generation when ever an employee on unpaid leave.

Looking forward for a suitable response

Regards,

TG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the table V_T554S_M.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's simple you can go to T559M and define a reduction rule based on your requirements. Then you need to go to V_554S_M. Here according to the PSG you can select the absence type (unpaid leave in your case) and select the reduction indicator. Now in V_T559L go to selection rules and in the Accrual Entitlement you need to select the reduction rule you defined earlier in T559M.