Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Business Objects XI report timeout

Hi All,

I'm running a quite simple environment:

Windows 2003 R2 SP2

IIS 6

Oracle Database (remote on Linux but same subnet)

Business Objects Server XI R1 SP3.

I'm having an issue with reports getting time out errors after 2 minutes before they have had a chance to complete.

What I want to do is increase the setting that lets the report run before it errors. I can monitor my database and still see SQL being passed when the 2 minute limit is reached.

I have changed the 'Default Website Properties' Connection Timeout setting in IIS to 500 seconds and restarted, this has not helped the problem. I have looked through all the settings under Servers in the CMC, I can't see the right one. I'm not asking for the connecting setting before I need to log back in, I need the setting that will let a report run for 10 minutes before it errors.

If I run a problem report via Schedule, it completes but is very close to 2 minutes. If I run it On Demand, it times out after 2 minutes, but I can still see the query selecting data then gets terminated.

Thanks in advance, Jason.

Edited by: Glenn Rieger on Oct 20, 2008 2:52 AM

Edited by: Glenn Rieger on Oct 20, 2008 2:55 AM

Former Member
replied

Change the session timeout parameter ion the web.xml file which controls Infoview. Its inside D:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat\webapps\businessobjects\WEB-INF for XI R2. There are many other posts for 3.0.

This will make sure that sessions are not timedout forlonger running queries.

Bye

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question