Did you mean: 

Business Objects XI report timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm running a quite simple environment:

Windows 2003 R2 SP2

IIS 6

Oracle Database (remote on Linux but same subnet)

Business Objects Server XI R1 SP3.

I'm having an issue with reports getting time out errors after 2 minutes before they have had a chance to complete.

What I want to do is increase the setting that lets the report run before it errors. I can monitor my database and still see SQL being passed when the 2 minute limit is reached.

I have changed the 'Default Website Properties' Connection Timeout setting in IIS to 500 seconds and restarted, this has not helped the problem. I have looked through all the settings under Servers in the CMC, I can't see the right one. I'm not asking for the connecting setting before I need to log back in, I need the setting that will let a report run for 10 minutes before it errors.

If I run a problem report via Schedule, it completes but is very close to 2 minutes. If I run it On Demand, it times out after 2 minutes, but I can still see the query selecting data then gets terminated.

Thanks in advance, Jason.

Edited by: Glenn Rieger on Oct 20, 2008 2:52 AM

Edited by: Glenn Rieger on Oct 20, 2008 2:55 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I think you want to check the properties for the Crystal Reports Processing Server in the CMC web app.

Regards;

Lionel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem on a 12 mo cost report that produced 95,000 records and read close to 400,000. Could only run 4 months.

Changed the "Database Records Read When Previewing or Refreshing" parameter to 0 (unlimited) in CrystalReportsProcessingServer

and changed the "Maximum Cache Size (KB)" parameter in CrystalReportsCacheServer from 250,000 to 500,000 - then it would run.

Sorry, wrong thread I think - I was getting "max processing time or max records limit reached" error message but I think my problem was max records rather than timeouts.

Edited by: Richard Carlson on Dec 22, 2008 9:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can put -requestTimeout into your servers command line with the number of milliseconds that you want it to run for. For Crystal Reports I think it will be necessary in the CR Processing Servers (older version it is called the Page server) or the RAS, it depends onthe Viewer you are using.

Regards

Alan

kalpesh_pandey
Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the session timeout parameter ion the web.xml file which controls Infoview. Its inside D:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat\webapps\businessobjects\WEB-INF for XI R2. There are many other posts for 3.0.

This will make sure that sessions are not timedout forlonger running queries.

Bye

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member212749
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

Import the existing Universe

and under File>Parameter > Control >Limit execution Time

increase the time there ..

Hope this would help you.

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant, Thanks for your message.

I'm a little confused, thanks in advance for your patience. Far as the Universe goes, we may not be running one.

We are creating reports in Crystal Reports Professional on XP, then uploading them to Infoview on Windows2003, IIS. They are then being run from Infoview via web browser on the XP client. This is where the timeout problem is happening. How can I change the time allowed to run a report from Infoview?

I have changed the default website peoperties/connection time out to 1200 seconds and restarted, this has not helped.

Thanks, Jason.