cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target host ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While creating RFC destination using SM59, I see a tab that asks load disb with yes or no options. Which should be opted ? Under that there is target host. How do I fill it ? Whre can I obtain the value of that field ? I also see two options for save as host name and ipaddress ? which radio button should be selected ?

Radhika

Edited by: Radhika Shetty on Oct 19, 2008 9:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Radhika

I think you are trying to create a Type 3 RFC - ABAP connection

I see a tab that asks load disb with yes or no options. Which should be opted ?

Do you have load balancing implemented in landscape there? if yes then use yes else no

Under that there is target host. How do I fill it ? Whre can I obtain the value of that field ? I also see two options for save as host name and ipaddress ? which radio button should be selected ?

Use the Target R/3 name in Target Host and use either Target host name or IP as per your network people setting.

To get the R/3 Hostname or IP check if available in SAP Logon settings else SLD and if no where then ask basis

Use of IP is a recommended.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav

Next to target host we see a system number, is it mandatory to fill that as well ? Also how do I know if load balancing is implemented in system landscape ?

Radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Radhika

Yes system number is required.

You can ask basis if Load balancing has been implemented for the Target system

Even if there is another RFC to same system check the settings.You will come to know if load balancing is there or not

Host name and IP depends on your network people. If they have implemented Dynamic IP then always hostname is used. With this even there can be Proxy as well as Firewall settings. So best is to ask basis for these details.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Gaurav

Answers (0)