Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC: Permission Level Risk Analysis Errror

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

While I am running Risk Analysis for Rolelevel(Report type: Permission level), I am getting the error message" Cannot assign a blank padded string to host variable 1:RC:1". Action level is working fine. We are at 5.2 SP10.

Any thoughts on this issue.

Thanks

Sudhan Shan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

you have space after the last letter in the field where you put the role to be analyzed. Make sure you don`t have spaces after the role name.

Goodluck!

Regards,

Iliya

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

you have space after the last letter in the field where you put the role to be analyzed. Make sure you don`t have spaces after the role name.

Goodluck!

Regards,

Iliya

0 Kudos

Illiya,

Thanks for your response. I ran the Risk Analysis with a wide search(no selection criteria). I get a message that "No Risk analysis found at permission level".

Risk analysis at Action level is working fine.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Sudhan-

Did you upload your su24 table into RAR?

Ankur

0 Kudos

Hello Ankur,

Could you please share with us how do we upload SU24 table into RAR?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hersh.

0 Kudos

Hersh-

It is the auth. object upload.

Ankur

0 Kudos

Ankur,

I have uploaded the Auth file as part of Function_Action& Function_Permission steps in CC.

Is something missed out here?

Thanks

Sudhan Shan

0 Kudos

Sudhan-

That action is not covered in the function action/function permission upload. It is done in conjuction with your static text upload. The upload is clearly documented in the configuration guide.

Ankur

0 Kudos

Hello Ankur,

Well in that case I think you would have meant tables USOBX and USOBT, as SU24 is actually not a table but a transaction.

Hello Sudhan,

You can follow the link Configuration-->Upload Objects to upload the text and auth objects. Also to get these files, just in case you might not be aware, just execute SE38 and run these programs:

1. /VIRSA/ZCC_DOWNLOAD_SAPobj

2. /VIRSA/ZCC_DOWNLOAD_DESC

Regards,

Hersh.

0 Kudos

Thank you for that clarification, "O-Wise One."

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan ,

Going back to your original question :

Cannot assign a blank-padded string to host variable 1. RC: 1

There was some problem in one of the Ruleset files sent by SAP .

Trying doing steps as under :

Open up Compliance Calibrator and click on the Rule Architect tab. Open

up Function and then Search. Go to function PR04. Click on the

Permissions tab and open up the permissions for transaction ME45. For

authorization object M_EINK_FRG, field FRGCO should be enabled and the

field value set to be *. If there is a blank here, enter *. Field

FRGGR for this auth object should be disabled. Once this change is

made, save the function and then regenerate all rules for this function.

Thnks

0 Kudos

First of all, Thanks to everyone for all your help.

The issue was fixed. The reason was, some of the SU24 Auth Obj data in Permission File had blank value. I looked at the CC* tables and found out that none of the fields in the tables expects NULL value. When I looked at the SU24 (USOBT_C) file, I found that some of the columns are empty, such as FROM VALUE or TO VALUE. I have to fill in those fields and uploaded the Permission file again. I was able to generate the rules successfully.

Thanks