cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL iview and page layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have few URL iviews in a page, but when i do so it does not honour the page layout, rather it just come one under the other. Have anyone experienced this? any solutions please? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish Mehra ,

The problem could be in the default layout type in the page itself. You can also change the layout in the page -> Layout option -> set the default layout -> trag and drop the iViews for possitioning.

Ramganesan Karuppaiyah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for the all the suggestions. Problem is fixed, I just deleted the page and then started from the begining, then it worked. There was something goofy that happened when I was deleting and adding more iviews, it was somehow screwing up the layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

You must have already done the following in content admin after opening the page for editing:-

1. Add a layout to the page. (Mark the wanted layout and press on the "Add" button).

2. Return to the layout page by pressing OK.

3. Click Define Layouts and change the Default layout.

4. Return to the layout page by pressing OK and make sure that the Default layout is correct.

Here you may drag any iView from one column to another if your chosen layout has multiple columns.

5. Preview the page and make sure that it shows the new Default layout.

6. Save your changes.

In case you want to change page layout by end user login perform the following steps:-

1. Open the Personalize Page option from the option tray at the top right corner of the page and change the layout if you want.

2. Change the place of the iViews in the new chosen layout by drag and drop.

3. Save the changes and refresh the Page.

4. Check that the layout is what you had selected and the iView was moved.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anagha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish.

open the page in content administration and select page layout radio button and arrange the iviews and check out the result

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Thats what I did, regardless of the layout I selected it just ignores it and puts one after the other. Any idea please?

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

i tried to simulate the scenario and i didnot get any problems.this is what i did

created 2 url iviews

create a page with 2 column(equal width)

added 2 iviews to the page.

select the page layout and drag one of the iviews to other half .

iview1 iview2

result is two url iviews are coming in 2 different columns

check whether you did same steps or not

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Does this happen even if you create a new layout or copy paste your layout and use that for your iViews?

Cheers!