cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order confirmation by e-mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

i would like to send my order confirmation in e-mail through internet that is by microsoft outlook, because we have our service department located in different location than the plant, when we recieve a service order we need to send the e-mail about service order through our intranet e-mail that is through microsoft outlook, we have a different document type for service order and whenever we save that order it has to automatically send through to appropriate technician defined by us, as far as i understand i need to configure this through to partner type, but i could not get it right, we r using just sd, mm , pp and fi/co modules. so please gurus i need configuration steps from determining partner types through to e-mail confirmation to concerned employee, i would be very thankful if it is posible through standard sap, bcoz we dont have abapers or basis team for technical configuration, we r smalll family owned business and we r using sap 4.6 version. if anyone would forward ur valuable thoughts i would be thankful and appreciate this. pls note we r using sap 4.6 version. waiting for ur valuable suggestions and steps to follow.

Thanking u ,

with obidiently,

Naga Gopio.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Define a new O/p type, maintain the O/p determination procedure & assign it to the order type.

In the O/p control prog that you assign to the O/p, define a code such that it picks up the mail address mentioned in the sold-to. Code in cush a way that it triggers the mail to that ID.

In the form routine, you can define the layout of the O/p type that you intend to send. But make sure that to whom ever you want to send the O/p, they should be maintained as partners in your order.

In the O/p control prog, they will call the fucntion module that will send the mail. How the system calls the outlook to send the mail is mentioned in the function module. It is not controlled by SD. Could be basis, I am not sure.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys Thanks for the valuable information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naga,

Maintain the Personnel data through T-Code PA30 where you can maintain the details of the employee.

Use this employee in the sales order with the partner function as ER(employee responsible) to whom the communication can be sent based on the Output determination you maintain.

Regards,

Prakash

Edited by: Prakash KH on Oct 21, 2008 2:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

thanks for the replies, i need suggestions and help here, i have determined new partner function and type for sales document type as employee responsible. i could not find any employee id or number in our system, we are not using hr module, but we would like to send order confirmation through to one of sap user in our company. please guide me how to approach this situation. if anyone can help me step by step or similar scenarios link that would be thanfull and appreciated.

Thanks gurus,

kind regards,

naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

For eg if you want to send the mail O/p to the one who has created the order then pick up the VBAK-ERNAM, check in SU01 the mail details of the user who created the order.

If you want to send it to any specific user, then hard code the values in the O/p control prog (this is advised if it is only 1 or 2 users).

Pass the same logic into the O/p control prog that is assigned to the O/p type.

By this, apart from the partner function, system will also send the mail to the user you defined.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to maintain Settings of the mail server details in T.code SCOT then onlt mail will be send automatically when output type is assigned to sales Order.

regards,

Jaya