cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OB52 Authorisation Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Does anyone know of a way of creating new authorisation groups within transaction OB52. Is it possible to create a copy of the entries and then create a new authorisation group.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

My company has several authorisation groups which contain different users. The most powerful users are in all groups and the authorisation group is changed over month end to gradually restrict down the number of users able to post to a given period.

This works quite well, although we would love to find a way of having more than one authorisation group on the table at the same time. it does not look like this is available in standard SAPso we just have to live with it for now. We are on 4.6c by the way.

Regards

Louise

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon!

When you have a short look into OB52 (in change mode, not only display), you should find a copy button (F6) - right of 'new entries'.

Mark some lines you would like to copy, press F6. In next screen you can define the new key values, press enter -> you have copied entries.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian ,

Thanks for your help, what I have noticed when I copy entries is that I am being prompted that the target key must be different from the source key.

Do you know of any way round this, as I am attempting to create more than one special authorisation group related to the Chart Of Account entries within OB52.

Thanks

Simon

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon!

Per definition KEY-values are unique - if you copy, then the key has to be different (which is purely logic, not SAP restriction).

You can only assign one authorization group to one posting period / account type variant. If you can't handle more posting period variants (and I doubt you can create more account types), then you have to stick to one authorization group.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks again for your help in this matter it is much appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Could you please help me to understand how authorization group works in OB52?

Does it apply to period 1 or period 2? How do I use authorization group to allow only the users in the group to continue to post to a closed period? Thanks!