Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Multiplanning area ZMSMELT cannot be used

Hi Guru's

Hoping someone can assist.

I modified a InfoCube by removing key figures as well as time characteristics not being used, I have tested the changes on the BW side which seams 100%, but for some reason in Business planning get strange errors.

I have a few basis planning areas linked to the InfoCube which I then use a few multi planning areas. The problem is after I changed the InfoCube , I now get the error message on all the multi planing areas containing the basis area linked to the modified InfoCube about a certain key figure (in this case 0QUANTITY), the strange thing is, I do want to use that key figure, and therefore did not touch it when modifying the cube, so it is still part of the cube untouched and do exist.

The moment I remove the "problem" basis area from the multi, all seams to be fine, but off course I need to plan on that area.

I am not to sure what the error message relates to regarding "Technical Attributes", any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Herewith the detail error message

Multiplanning area ZMSMELT cannot be used

Message no. UPC223

Diagnosis

Key figure 0QUANTITY appears in several base planning areas and has different technical attributes there (type, currency/unit of measure, aggregation). This case can then occur if the base planning areas refer to different RFC destinations. However key figures with the same name from different planning areas, can only be included in a multiplanning area, if they have the same technical attributes.

Procedure

Create characteristic 0QUANTITY in all affected systems with the same technical attributes.

Edited by: Rudi Hattingh on Oct 19, 2008 11:39 AM

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question