Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job ends with DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to schedule a background job for processing inbound iDocs with Status 64 (iDocs ready to be transferred to application).

But the job i schedule keeps getting cancelled everyitime with the message "DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR".

I am not able to understand the reason for this.

Any pointers/ solutions in this direction will be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Keerthi

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There can be multiple reasons for this. Even if you do not wish to modify the code you have to review it to determine why it is trying to retrieve all records from DB table.

Common reasons may be

1. Condition not checked if table is empty before passing the table in FOR ALL ENTRIES in select Query.

2. Condition in where clause of select Query is very generic and satisfied for all records.

3. Table used in IN operator in where clause is very large.

If you do not want to modify the program, you might have to run the program in batches which will result in retrieving less data (Example : if you have date range on selection screen, you can restrict date range).

Regards,

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I guess what you mean to say is, the data passed for processing is either too large or it is empty.

The program I am running is a standard SAP Program (RBDAPP01) and I filled the selection screen manually with iDoc Numbers (around 2000 records) from WE02 which are with Status 64.

I should have mentioned these details before.

Please suggest what i should probably do to overcome this glitch.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Keerthi

0 Kudos

Hi

How many values are u giving in selection screen?? Just reduce them and see. Also, check with debugging..

Regards,

Vishwa.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe its running fine in Foreground mode.......

Debug Background Job using JDBG.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

check ST22 and see what does it say