Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Maximum number of connection handles reached

Hello.

I am getting a very frustrating error from Sapgui 710 (patch 9) and I cannot find the solution here or in SAP notes. I have the Netweaver 7.01 Abap trial running on my desktop (Vista SP1). When I try to connect I get this error:

"maximum number of connection handles reached"

Component DPTM

Release 710

Version 10

Return Code -16

Counter 3

When I originally installed the Abap trial I could connect no problem.

I have no problem to connect to the Abap trial from my laptop (Win XP). The gui on my laptop is the exact same version as that on my desktop (710 patch 9).

I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of the gui - no luck.

Unfortunately I cannot download patch 10 as SAP no longer keeps these patches on ftp.sap.com and my S number only allows me access to notes on service.sap.com

Someone else had a similar problem and posted here: https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=17635366&messageID=5846941

However the answer there said the problem is in the application server which I don't think is correct as I can connect to the server from my laptop and I also get the same problem if I vpn in to work from my desktop and try to connect to my work dev machine.

I suspect that a Windows update caused the error at some point as the whole system was working fine before. Unfortunately I cannot pinpoint exactly when as I first thought the error was caused by vpn and I therefore was trying to find the solution there. I am really suprised that no one else seems to be having this problem.

Please help.

Dave.

replied

Hi Dave,

As you're able to connect to same server from XP machine, but not from the vista one, its something related to gui on vista.

Turn on the trace of the gui and try to login .. check what message the trace is giving.

Regards,

Debasis.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question