Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display text in text editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Excuse me for posting the post in this forum.As i didnt got any response for ABAP general forum.

I am able to save the data that is entered in the text editor into my customized field which is of 255 char length this is for creation object.

I have designed another screen to display the text that is entered in the text editor fetching from my my customized field.

This is my coding for save...

In PAI

WHEN 'SAVE'.

WA_AAAA-SLNO = ZTEST-SLNO.

CALL METHOD TEXT_EDITOR->GET_TEXTSTREAM

• EXPORTING

• ONLY_WHEN_MODIFIED = CL_GUI_TEXTEDIT=>TRUE

IMPORTING

TEXT = TEXT

• IS_MODIFIED =

EXCEPTIONS

ERROR_CNTL_CALL_METHOD = 1

NOT_SUPPORTED_BY_GUI = 2

OTHERS = 3.

IF SY-SUBRC 0.

MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID TYPE SY-MSGTY NUMBER SY-MSGNO

WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4.

ENDIF.

CALL METHOD CL_GUI_CFW=>FLUSH

EXCEPTIONS

CNTL_SYSTEM_ERROR = 1

CNTL_ERROR = 2

OTHERS = 3.

• MESSAGE TEXT TYPE 'I'.

WA_AAAA-EMPI = TEXT.

ENDCASE.

MOVE-CORRESPONDING WA_AAAA TO WA_ZAAAA.

INSERT INTO ZTEST VALUES WA_ZAAAA.

ENDMODULE. " USER_COMMAND_1111 INPUT

Now text that is entered is saved in the field EMPI, this EMPI value i want to display.

How can i write the same code for displaying the text whether in PAI or PBO. Any suggestions.

Thks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I really understand your question. You have PAI code that captures the content of the text control and stores it in WA_AAAA-EMPI. In the PBO logic you could call CL_GUI_TEXTEDIT->SET_TEXTSTREAM to set the content of the text control and display the text that is in the WA_AAAA-EMPI field.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I really understand your question. You have PAI code that captures the content of the text control and stores it in WA_AAAA-EMPI. In the PBO logic you could call CL_GUI_TEXTEDIT->SET_TEXTSTREAM to set the content of the text control and display the text that is in the WA_AAAA-EMPI field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered