Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

value difference

hi,

in SD during pgi or billing, may i know if there will have value differene from sales order happens sometimes?

in MM, when there is a deviation of price between PO and standard price, the difference will be booked in price difference account.

I would like to know if pgi or billing time, will this happens?

thanks

Former Member
Former Member replied

hello...

1. you are correct. in accounting 1, the prices refer to cost of goods, either moving or standard. in accounting 2, they refer to how you value inventory (as per SAP, this may not apply to USA or Europe).

2. i think again they refer to inventory valuation. how you use these fields depend on the legal requirement of the specific project location. again, these may not apply in the USA or Europe.

3. since cost of goods in billing is taken from post goods issue, you can conclude there should be no difference. it is likely you will have value differences between the billing and the sales order (i.e. you create sales order, then you change the data in accounting 1 view of MMR, then deliver/PGI. system will get cost on date of PGI). however, costs in sales order do not yet have postings to accounting.

4. i would say that $50 was in accounting 1, and perhaps in purchase info. but $52.34 is actual purchase cost (MM) or production cost (PP). if you used moving average, then cost of goods will be taken from purchase data (moving average can apply to raw materials for finished goods which can still have standard costs. this subject you can find in other threads on the same subject. there is a good contribution from lakshmipathi).

regards.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question