cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to know the Last (nth) Data Package in ODS start routine

0 Kudos

Hi,

In the start routine, for each record loaded in the ODS, i will match if it has an entry in TABLE1. If there's a match, i will set the match indicator in of the record in TABLE1 as 'Y'. After that, all records that doesn't have a match ( no indicator 'Y' ) will be appended to DATA_PACKAGE.

The problem is the data coming to the ODS comes in several data packages. So i dont want to append data yet in DATA_PACKAGE unless all the matching has been done for all records. Or, i won't append any data until i am finish with the last record or last data package.

How will i know the number of data packages for each load request? Or is it possible to know in the start routine what is my (nth) last data package?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

Jti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

I was able to find a workaround.

I set the infopackage to "Only PSA - Update to Subsequently in Data Targets". Doing this, the table RSMONFACT is updated with the number of data packages and records for my load request at the time the data is loaded to PSA. Then at my start routine in the ODS, i read that table to determine the no. of data packages i am expecting.

Thanks all though for your inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.....

Copy the datasource and the Request number from the Infopackage..........also see how many records each datapacket is picking.........

Then go to the source system..........Tcode :RSA3........

In RSA3........

In Datasource Field..........give the datasource name......

in Request number.......... Give the request number.....

In Data Records / Calls........give the number of records each data packet is picking........

In Display Extr. Calls.......... Give an approximate data packet number........give a larger number.....You can also check the log of the Infopackage.....to see generally how many data packets it picks......the number should be greater than that...........

Then click in execute in the top.......

Then click on the Display button.......(Looks like a spectacle)........It will show you the toatal number of datapackets it supposed to pick............and number of records in each data packet............but remember the approximate number of data packets that you are giving should be larger than the original one...............so the best way is to check the log.......and take some idea maximum how many data packets it can pick........

Hope this helps........

Regards,

Debjani..........

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cant know the last datapackage number nor last data record.This is limitation.

But you can make(hopefully) all your records to come in single data package so that your logic works.

To increase size of data package

Got to infopackage -> Scheduler-->Data.S Default .

In the window you can increase the size.

Hope this helps.