cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Credit Limit Change

Adegee
Explorer
0 Kudos

How can i restrict some users from editing/changing credit/commitment limit (feild)value in BP Masterdata and still allow them to create new BP or edit other feild?

The reason for this is because some users are responsible for creation of BP Customer i.e. Sales and Marketing,but they're not supposed to be permited to change or set Credit limit for BP. Since they can change the Credit Limit to allow Documents with Credit Limit check restriction to be saved and return it back. OR is there is any other way i can handle this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keith_taylor2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

another option is again Boyum - Boyum allows you to do field authorizations so you could turn this off (hide it) for certain users and keep it visible for other users.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done this via SDK.

1. create user-defined authorization for changing BP credit limit

2. let SDK check that authorization everytime BP Master data form is add/update/load

3. if don't have authorize -> warning message and bubble event = false

I've tried to do this via B1 normal function, but I couldn't fine any.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adegoke,

As suggested by Gordon you can achieve it through SDK. Alternatively you can use Transaction Notification stored procedure to restrict the update.

Define a user table where you have to list the users who are authorized to update the business partner fields. Or as an alternative to this you can use hard coded user names in stored procedures. SAP Business One maintains the change log for few of the entities. So here you can query the change log table for Business Partner; to identify if the value for Credit Limit field is updated. Once you find a change here you can verify if the user who is updating the record is authorized user and accordingly bypass the update.

I hope the above solution works for you!

Regards

Nitin

Manager, SAP Business One

Greytrix

It's time to think outside the box.

Email: sap at greytrix.com | Web: www.greytrix.com

u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026

Development Partners for SAP B1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it can only be done through SDK. Existing authorization has not reach the field level such as this credit limit.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 options for this issue:

1. using SDK code that can be assigned to an user that authorized to create BP and edit BP and for user that used BP will not be allowed

2. using general authorization window in the admin module --> system Initialization. The user to create BP and to use BP are given with different authorization

Rgds,