cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error handling .. Exception Handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was planning if there is by any way a global senario be made which can handle all the exceptions

let it be exception related to sxmb_moni or some error in the channels. or something wrong in the queue

All kind of senario .. an error report being generated on the basis of this and put into a file and placed in a folder which can be checked frequently ... Also once the data from every one comes in this we can have different senarios can be handled.

2 things here is how do we get the information back to this folder... A senario which can handle all kind of error in Integration directory

Lets discuss on this.. it was resolve a lot of work in monitoring

Rgds

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use the alert framework and create a genric alert category.

you can handle all exceptions and also the advantage is you can configure the alert workbench to send out mails, sms or fax etc.

more abt alerting in XI ref:

Alerts

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/81023cfa699508e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

As per my knowledge, Its possible to handle the exceptions that are coming in IE,Receiver Adapter thru alert framework etc.

But there is no way to handle the exceptions that are coming in SenderAdapter/Queue.

Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

With CCMS you can handle the queue pilling up. I just was not able to figure out how i can get everything together

Alert framework ,.. wel i think i can use the alert category in the in the CCMS and make it generic

Lets try this one

Rgds

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Generic alert category as suggested by Shabarish will be a kind of Global alert mechanism for the PI system. In RWB you can set all alerts based on different rules etc to use the same alert category for all

Custom based development are also possible like make your own dash board for error messages and handling them in the way you want.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread.. Will have to try these options

Rgds

Aditya