Customer Return Process
We have return delivery from customer and we like to return part back to vendors. I am getting confuse which movement type I should use. Business likes to put the return material from customer into blocked stock ,until it returns to vendor. Reason they want put part into blocked so it will not be picked by another sales order.
As per my understanding to be process going to be as follows.
Return sales order->Inbound Delivery->Return to Vendor</b>
Which movement type I should use against the inbound delivery and what will be next step to return back to vendor from blocked stock. We also use Return PO (Movement Type 161).
Blocked stock returns (non-valuated, not unrestricted-use) (movement type 651)
Unrestricted-use stock (movement type 653)
Quality inspection stock (movement type 655)
Blocked stock (movement type 657)
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Use Movement Type "657" to take the return stock from customer. As a result of this stock will get posted to Blocked Stock.
To achieve this go to Schedule line category of Return sales (For e.g. DN ) in transaction VOV6 and assign the movement type as "657" instead of and then run the complete new cycle of Customer Return / Vendor Return and check whether your requirements have been met.
Customer Return Process: -
1. VA01 - Create Return Sales Order (Doc Type - RE)
2. VL01N - Delivery (Picking and PGR)
3. VF01 - Credit Memo to Customer
Procedure to return stock to vendor: -
1. ME21N - Create a Returns PO (Activate "Returns" indicator for PO line item)
2. MIGO - Goods Receipt > Purchase Order (Returns PO) (Here system will hit Mvmt type "161" and you can also select Stock Type as "Blocked stock" from where you want to return the stock)
3. J1IS u2013 Excise Invoice Other Movements
Here click on u201Ccreateu201D button to create an outgoing excise invoice and reverse the CENVAT Amount.
Here put all details as below and Press u201CEnteru201D.
Ref.doc.type - MATD, Doc Number - Material document No of 161 mvmt, Doc Year, Series Group, Excise Group, Vendor
Here check BED, ECS and SECess values to be reversed and click on u201CSaveu201D button to post the excise invoice.
4. J1IV - Post and Print Outgoing Excise Invoice.
5. MIRO - Credit memo w.r.t. Returns PO.
Note: - Excise Transactions to be done if applicable.